By using AIM Community Resources you consent to the privacy practices described in this Policy. You acknowledge that this Policy is to be read in conjunction with our Terms of Service and that by accessing and using AIM Community Resources you agree to be bound by the Terms of Service as well as this Policy.
We reserve the right to update and change this Policy at any time and will provide notice to you by changing the “last updated” date above. No change shall be retroactive. It is your responsibility to become familiar with the most current version of the Policy. Continued use after any such changes shall constitute your acknowledgment of and consent to such changes.
If you access Community Resources on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to this Policy, in such event, “You” will refer and apply to that company or other legal entity.
We collect, use and disclose two types of information: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information.
- “Personal Information” is information that is directly associated with a specific person or entity, including but not limited to, names, email addresses, usernames, passwords, and payment information.
- “Non-Personal Information” is information we collect or compile that by itself cannot be directly associated with a specific person or entity.
- We may further compile “Non-Personal Information” into “Aggregate Data”. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of Non-Personal Information and Aggregate Data, and we may share Non-Personal Information and Aggregate Data that we collect or compile with third parties for various purposes, including to help us better understand our customer needs and improve our Service, and for advertising and marketing purposes.
- We automatically receive certain types of information when you interact with our Service. That information includes your computer’s IP address, access times, your browser type and language, and referring website addresses. We may also collect information about the type of operating system you use, your account activity, and files or pages accessed or used by you.
- You reserve the right to ask us what personal data is being processed and the rationale for such processing if that should ever be unclear.
- While using our Service, you will have access to all data within your account. You reserve the right to access this data and/or request copies of this data.
- While using our Service, you’ll be able to update all personally identifiable information to maintain accuracy.
- You maintain the right to withdraw consent to manual or automated data processing when previous consent has been given. This could include all future processing or processing during a specific timeframe. This could include removal of data from an account or a request to remove an email from a specific mailing list.
- You reserve the right to erasure and data portability. You will have the ability to export data in your account and keep for yourself or import into another system. After Service cancellation, data will not be retained on our servers if requested in writing. In addition, you can delete any type of personally identifiable information within your account or request to be removed from any type of customer communication at any time.
We have also included information about cookies set by third parties. Given that these relate to third party services, we cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the list, but we can say that we have done our best to ensure the list is as accurate as possible at the time this policy was prepared. Nevertheless, we strongly recommend that you consult the third party websites listed in the cookie descriptions to find out more about the third party cookies in question.
INSERT 3p COOKIE INFO HERE
We recommend that you review your browser’s privacy settings and adjust them accordingly if you wish to deny cookies from any sites.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use collected information about you to process your requests or billing transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products, or services we think will be of interest to you, and to support and facilitate your usage of the Service.
We also use collected information to track customer or user engagement so that we can improve your experience. You reserve the right to remove yourself from that type of tracking.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We will not give, sell, rent, share, or trade any of your Personal Information or any data that you store using our Service to any third party except i) with your explicit consent or ii) as outlined in this Policy. We reserve the right to share Non-Personal Information and Aggregate Data as described in this Policy.
We may share Personal Information with third party service and technology providers to facilitate the operation of the Service, to perform related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Service’s features, or to process credit card payments), or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We may disclose Personal Information to a third party to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal processes; to comply with legal, regulatory, or administrative requirements of any governmental authorities; to protect and defend us, our subsidiaries and our affiliates, and our officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors, and partners, in connection with any legal action, claim, or dispute; to enforce the Terms of Service; to prevent imminent physical harm; and in the event that we find that your actions violate any laws, our Terms of Service, or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services.
MODIFYING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a registered member of our Community, you may review, update, correct or delete your personal information by logging into the Service and editing your profile.
We take reasonable steps to protect the information we collect from you to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Highly confidential personal information such as credit card data is protected with encryption using Secured Socket Layer (SSL) technology during transmission over the Internet. But, remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
Your account information and access to the Community is accessible only through the use of an individual username and password. Please keep your password confidential and do not disclose it to any other person. We will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. You are responsible for all activities which are conducted using your account or password.
RIGHTS OF COMMUNITY MEMBERS & USERS
Community Members and other users are responsible for updating us on any name, e-mail, street or postal address, telephone number or other Personal Information changes by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similarly, Community Members and other users may decline to receive newsletters or other marketing materials from AIM by unsubscribing from any items, or submitting a request directly to email@example.com AIM Community Members and users can mute notifications in their profile settings.
- Right to Know. You have the right to ask us to tell you what personal information of yours we collect, use, share or sell.
- Right to Access – You have the right to request access to the personal information of yours we collect or maintain.
- Right to Request Deletion – You have the right to ask us to delete the personal information we collect or maintain about you.
- No Discrimination – You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising the rights above.
- Shine the Light Rights – You have the right to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed certain types of personal information for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year. At our option, we may respond to such requests by providing instructions about how our users can exercise their options to prevent our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
California residents can exercise these rights by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will need to verify your identity before we delete or share personal information with you. After you submit your request, you will be sent a confirmation email and need to click on the link provided. If you make a request via email, we may need to request more information from you in order to verify your request.
Citizens of the European Union are entitled to all rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). As required by the GDPR, we require that all processors and subprocessors of the data we collect fully comply with the obligations of the GDPR and do not infringe on your privacy rights in any way. You have the following rights:
- Right to Access. You have the right to see any Personal Information we have collected about you as well as the purpose for that collection and processing of it and whether we plan on sharing such Personal Information with anyone
- Right to Correct. You have the right to correct any inaccurate Personal Information in our possession. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed by providing a supplementary statement to AIM at email@example.com.
- Right to Erase. You have the right to have your Personal Information erased from our data stores without undue delay. Additionally, we will erase Personal Information without undue delay if:
- The Personal Information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected.
- The User withdraws consent and there is no other legitimate basis for the processing.
- The User objects to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing.
- The Personal Information has been unlawfully processed.
- The Personal Information must be erased for compliance with a legal obligation;
- Right to Restrict. You have the right to restrict processing of your Personal Information.
- Right to Port Data. You have the right to request your Personal Information be ported over to another controller. However, because we don’t store much Personal Information, we likely will not have the technical means to port the information automatically. If this is the case, we will recommend simply deleting the Personal Information instead. If you really want it transferred to another party, we’ll email data fields directly to the new controller and let you know via email when it is complete.
- Right to Object. You have the right to object to the collection or processing of Personal Information at any time if you believe data was collected or processed unlawfully. Our team will work with you directly to investigate the claim and take appropriate action. While the claims are under investigation, your data will be deleted from our stores. If you’d like, you may re-submit your data for access to Opendorse content at any time.
AIM Community Resources are not directed to anyone under the age of 13. AIM does not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 13, or allow anyone under the age of 13 to use our Community Resources. In the event that we learn that we have gathered personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without the consent of a parent or guardian, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe we have collected such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLINE PRIVACY ONLY